GET HELP: ADULTS
There are a number of very good resources for survivors of child sexual abuse. Many areas offer local support groups where you can connect with others who are going through similar circumstances.
- Stop the Silence collaborates with (click on the following) The Lamplighter Movement, which provides help and guidance in the development of survivor groups all over the world. From their website, please see the page on Chapter Locations and the page on Start A Group. If you are interested in starting a chapter, Marjorie McKinnon’s email address is on the home page, and let Marjorie know that you found out about her program through Stop the Silence.
- Dr. Jaime Romo provides a Webinar that guides participants through stages of personal transformation, following the outline of “Healing the Sexually Abused Heart: A Workbook for Survivors, Thrivers, and Supporters.” Click here for an overview of the program.
If you are looking for a therapist, there are two websites that we currently provide information on and will add others over time:
- Get access to various therapists through Together We Heal (click here)
- Theravive is a safe place to find a great counselor or psychologist, searching is easy, and reaching out to make contact is just as simple. Theravive has thousands of therapists ready to help, trained and specialized in every mental health issue.
Other resources, articles, testimonials and more can be found by visiting our Survivors Corner. (Page coming soon!)
Please also click on our tab CSA Survivor Force for a list of active survivors/advocates who reach out to their communities on many levels.
You may also reach out to Jillian Short, CSA Survivor Force Advocate, Spokesperson and fellow-survivor at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER ONLINE RESOURCES
No Longer Hidden, No Longer Ashamed – online support group
Always a Voice – online support group for survivors of abuse; Always a Voice also conducts weekly/monthly local (as well as online) support groups at various locations. Times/locations can be found by visiting the website: alwaysavoice.com
OneHealth – online support group
Survivor’s Manual – great resource for moving from victim to inspired, joyful living!
Adult Survivors of Abuse Virtual Support Group – monthly online support group for survivors of childhood abuse
Beyond Surviving Group Program for Men – a four month virtual support group led by Sexual Abuse Recovery Coach, Rachel Grant, M.A. Counseling Psychology
Beyond Surviving Group Program for Women – a four month virtual support group led by Sexual Abuse Recovery Coach, Rachel Grant, M.A. Counseling Psychology
Recovering from Sexual Abuse: A Checklist – A free e-book that will help you understand the three stages of recovery and determine what you need to focus on at each stage so that you can heal and finally move on with your life!
* Please note that Stop the Silence does not have control over any content at external websites, so exercise caution before sharing any information.